A Level 2 Inspection is recommended under the following circumstances:
- A person is buying or selling a house.
- If you have no history for the fireplace and want to know if it’s in a good condition to use.
- If the city you live in is asking for a chimney inspection for an occupancy permit or something similar.
- If your chimney or fireplace seem to be having issues, like smoke coming out of the firebox or smelling gas, etc.
- If you are interested in converting your unit to a different type and you haven’t had one done before.